Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

New to SW.

Thread in '

Slimming World

' Forum started by Jenfitforfifty, Jun 23rd, 2014 at 13:24 PM.
Jun 23rd, 2014, 13:24 PM  
Jenfitforfifty

new to SW.

New to SW...told to consume between 5-15 syns and told NOT to go over but in their food lists are pizzas curries and other foods values as 20 + syns. How can I eat one if I can't carry over syns(save from another day!) l'm hardly going to order 1/4 of a meal if l eat out or occasionally. I rarely eat processed foods regularly anyway and think the SW plan will suit my eating habits; but just curious how others manage eating out?

Jun 23rd, 2014, 14:24 PM  
Mitch

There syn list pretty much lists everything there is to eat even if it's too high. I think they do that more to educate those that don't really know how unhealthy some food can be.

Pizza and especially the curries can be made at home at a fraction on the syns. I'm a big lover of curries and for the same curry that a takeaway makes and adds tons of crap too I make at home syn free. There are loads of really cool slimming world recipes out there. I manage eating out by saving the high syn foods until I can make them at home and opt for pasta based dishes, chicken and other dishes that contain syn free foods. At least that way I'm not totally destroying my syn count.

If you are starting out aim for 15 syns, nothing lower just yet. If you do too much too quick you'll almost certainly give up. You're body needs time to adjust.

Most chain restaurant food like harvesters, beefeaters etc their food syn values are available online

BTW there is nothing to say you can't save syns. I do all the time and have a drink at the weekend

Welcome to the forum BTW

Jun 23rd, 2014, 22:52 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi Jen

Welcome to social Slimmers

Take out pizzas, curries etc will be syned higher. I try to make my own curries. So many syns for pizza would be the base I've always thought then the cheese quantity. Take aways are easy ton order but if you are in try and make from scratch. I do find being guest at someone else's house the worst situation.

I did carry syns over but I always went over my syns on Friday or Saturday enjoying a drink, over and over some more and if I was out for a meal or a birthday celebration which is rare I'd just enjoy myself. Sometimes I would try and be semi sensible in my choices and without guilt enjoy a restaurant pudding or that birthday cake.

X

Jun 30th, 2014, 08:08 AM  
Jenfitforfifty

Thanks. Thanks gor sll the tips.That's pretty much confirmed my thoughts on the matter. Second week in and your suggestions makes sense. I do cook like to Cook from scratch at home and work (I'm a nanny) do the SW diet fits well with my life. The only meal I've had do far is Wetherspoons where I usually have chicken skewers and rice and salad which was almost FREE! If I'm eating out I'll likely relax a bit not strict the other 6 days of the week. I'm trying to exercise daily too!

Jun 30th, 2014, 08:09 AM  
Jenfitforfifty

Sorry for typos. I couldn't edit before sending for some reason! Hope made sense?

Jun 30th, 2014, 08:40 AM  
MarieDK

Hi Jen Welcome to the forum and good luck with your journey on SW.

Some people do save up syns and lose weight really well, most do it at the beginning of the slimming week just so the splurge isn't close to weigh in day. I have done similar if we've been out for a meal I just adjust the rest of the weeks syns so I don't go over 105 that week.

All the best! xxx