Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Coconut water

Thread in '

General Dieting

' Forum started by KatieMac, Jun 22nd, 2014 at 07:23 AM.
Jun 22nd, 2014, 07:23 AM  
KatieMac

Coconut water

I saw a program on TV about the beneficial effects of coconut water and how many athletes even use it to replenish potassium after workouts. Does anyone use this in their current diet and if so, based on what purpose? Thanks all!

Jun 22nd, 2014, 16:03 PM  
Ender

I use coconut water in my diet. I live in a very hot area so I like it for the extra hydration and electrolytes. It's also a great addition to a smoothie, in my opinion!

Jun 22nd, 2014, 16:44 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

I have never tried it before but I heard it has the perfect balance of electrolytes and is especially good for dehydration.

Jun 23rd, 2014, 14:21 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I've seen it crop up from various people/website etc but have never bought any. Might look up on the benefits when I have time

Jun 23rd, 2014, 18:11 PM  
GingerJV

I also have heard about it's magic qualities;-) but unfortunately have never tried it(

Jun 23rd, 2014, 21:21 PM  
Ender

After I commented on this post, I saw an article that said that the health benefits of coconut products are dependent on the way the coconut is shelled. Shelling it incorrectly can result in a loss of nutrients. I'm wondering now if this would vary among brands so I probably will research it a little more to find out the best way to consume.

Jun 23rd, 2014, 22:11 PM  
Befit

i must said i tried and i don't like it its weird because i love coconut ...maybe i should try mix in smoothies so !

Jun 24th, 2014, 07:45 AM  
Justine
Maintainer

Quote:
Quote by Ender View Post
After I commented on this post, I saw an article that said that the health benefits of coconut products are dependent on the way the coconut is shelled. Shelling it incorrectly can result in a loss of nutrients. I'm wondering now if this would vary among brands so I probably will research it a little more to find out the best way to consume.
That's a really good point. I never thought of the shelling and if that would make a difference. I was reading this thinking, "Yes, I'll have to try it!". And now I am wondering about the shelling also. I'll check it out, but if you find anything out, please post it!