Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Baby blue tit

Thread in '

The Lounge

' Forum started by Bevziibubble, Jun 14th, 2014 at 12:19 PM.
Jun 14th, 2014, 12:19 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Baby blue tit

This morning I noticed a tiny baby blue tit on our patio. It must have fallen out of the bird box as we have lots in there at the moment, and was chirping away.

It was tiny and so cute. I was so worried about it though and wanted to put it back into the bird box, but my husband's uncle said not to touch it as it will kill it and because it's fallen out its family will just abandon it now I had to take the dog for a walk, and when I arrived home it was gone. So sad
Attached Images
Baby blue tit-image.jpg

Jun 14th, 2014, 20:27 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

Oh bless, it's so cute! Apparently if you touch them, they pick up your scent so the fame rejects them! So you never know, maybe they came and scooped it up and it's all safe!

Jun 14th, 2014, 20:36 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

That's what my husband's uncle said too, as I wanted him to put it back into the bird box but he said it's family will abandon it if they smell a human on it, so I didn't touch it in the end. Fingers crossed its family came for it in the end!

Jun 15th, 2014, 12:50 PM  
Mitch

Either that or a cat got it Sorry for being so morbid, circle of life n all that Must have been small, that sunflower seed looks bigger than its mouth

Jun 15th, 2014, 15:54 PM  
Jeans

How cute!

I have some good news for you. A friend and I were just researching about baby birds two days ago because she found a baby woodpecker.

Once they are out of the nest, the parents usually still keep an eye on it and feed it. We learned that the mother doesn't abandon the babies if we touch them because they don't smell us. The truth is, we should not touch them because they may be sick or have parasites, but it won't harm them if we do. Just wear gloves or wash your hands really well.

The information we found said that the best thing to do is if you see where the nest is, put it back in there, or put it in some shrubbery to get it out of the sun.

It is so cute. I hope it is doing alright.

Jun 15th, 2014, 16:51 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Quote:
Quote by Mitch View Post
Either that or a cat got it Sorry for being so morbid, circle of life n all that Must have been small, that sunflower seed looks bigger than its mouth
You are cruel Mitch!

Jun 15th, 2014, 16:51 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Quote:
Quote by Jeans View Post
How cute!

I have some good news for you. A friend and I were just researching about baby birds two days ago because she found a baby woodpecker.

Once they are out of the nest, the parents usually still keep an eye on it and feed it. We learned that the mother doesn't abandon the babies if we touch them because they don't smell us. The truth is, we should not touch them because they may be sick or have parasites, but it won't harm them if we do. Just wear gloves or wash your hands really well.

The information we found said that the best thing to do is if you see where the nest is, put it back in there, or put it in some shrubbery to get it out of the sun.

It is so cute. I hope it is doing alright.
Aww that is good to know. Thank you!

Jun 18th, 2014, 10:03 AM  
Mitch

Quote:
Quote by Bevziibubble View Post
Quote:
Quote by Mitch View Post
You are cruel Mitch!

Sorry

Jun 18th, 2014, 15:41 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Quote:
Quote by Mitch View Post
No words