Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Cutting out sugar?

Thread in '

General Dieting

' Forum started by beachgirl, May 31st, 2014 at 18:31 PM.
May 31st, 2014, 18:31 PM  
beachgirl

Cutting out sugar?

There has been a lot on the news recently about reducing sugar in your diet. I eat masses of sugar (well over the recommended amount!) and I'm trying to reduce this. I've already stopped taking sugar in tea, I used to take 3 sugars!

Has anyone else looking at reducing sugar or giving it up?

May 31st, 2014, 19:00 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

I am trying to cut down on sugar although I don't have much anyway. I don't have sugar in hot drinks and I try to cut down on sweets etc.

Jun 1st, 2014, 20:57 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I cut out sugar for 12 days along side coffee, although I have coffee again I don't have a much and I have 1 sugar, I'd love to tolerate no sugar.

Jun 7th, 2014, 16:19 PM  
Caffeinated

Sugar is a serious trigger food for me, so I try to be very careful about how much I consume. I seem to be able to handle it in very small amounts. I always look at the sugar grams count on the nutritional labels of food that I purchase and if there's more than 5-7 grams of sugar per serving, I tend not to buy that particular product.

Jun 8th, 2014, 09:57 AM  
GingerJV

I do not use sugar with hot drinks for few years! Coffee, tea, hot herbal drinks, ice-tea (home made) - everything doen't contain sugar. But cutting off the sweets is a terrible problem for me((( surely sugar is one of our worst enemies. I know that ketchup has looots of sugar so i use it very rarely now and only a bit (love ketchup;-))

Jun 9th, 2014, 23:03 PM  
LizzyIzzy

I had to do this when I was pregnant and it was not easy. I started by drinking beverages that were naturally sweet. I also drank a lot of herbal teas. With time, my taste buds were not missing the sugar.

Jun 10th, 2014, 02:13 AM  
Befit

i don't eat much of the "white " sugar but try to use raw sugar when i bake etc and for coffee or tea i am a splenda girl

Jun 10th, 2014, 12:09 PM  
Justine
Maintainer

Good for you!! When I cut out the sugar and cream from my daily coffee, I lost 8 pounds immediately (within the first weeks)!! It was crazy how much sugar I was taking in without even thinking about it. I eat much less sugar now, but it took me a while to make it a habit.

Jun 11th, 2014, 18:39 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

I've cut right back on sugar and try and not eat things with it in. I used to have sugar in my coffees and drink coffee pretty much constantly!

Jun 14th, 2014, 02:42 AM  
LizzyIzzy

Quote:
Quote by Justine View Post
Good for you!! When I cut out the sugar and cream from my daily coffee, I lost 8 pounds immediately (within the first weeks)!! It was crazy how much sugar I was taking in without even thinking about it. I eat much less sugar now, but it took me a while to make it a habit.
That is amazing! Are you sure it was only the sugar that was responsible for the weight loss? I felt healthier but I did not experience this type of weight loss.