Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Please NO lowcal desserts!

Thread in '

Calorie Counting

' Forum started by KatieMac, May 8th, 2014 at 12:19 PM.
May 8th, 2014, 12:19 PM  
KatieMac

Please NO lowcal desserts!

We have been invited to a friend's house for dinner on the weekend and I usually make a dessert to take. Even though I am trying to lose weight, I like to be able to have a "normal" dessert as part of my life. Of course, not often, but sharing time with friends is special to me, so I like to enjoy it completely and I try to plan calories for the "cheating".

My friend has said that because she is on a diet, that she would prefer for me to make a lowcal dessert to bring (if I do bring something). I just can't get my head around this...I know there must be some great recipes out there for sweet things that are lowfat or lowcal, but to me this is almost a sacrilege. Now I can't decide if I will make something or not, I want to respect how she feels, but really?

Mar 22nd, 2017, 17:58 PM  
DarkWolfJTB

My girlfriend made me a lovely banana bread that must have been pretty low-calorie. It was really good on slimming world (I don't do SW anymore, just counting calories) so it used sweetener and stuff and didn't taste any different to a normal one. You could try something like that, it won't be that bad! You need to respect how she feels, haha, it's hard when something goes against your idea of healthy eating (like, 'fair enough, we do our best, but an occasional social full fat dessert is important to me', but the unfortunate fact is that other things are important to other people.

It might be that your friend has trouble with cravings and binging and knows one full fat dessert will be all it takes to get them onto an awful loop of eating junk. So it's probalby best to go with how she feels but still find something you'll like.

Best of luck! Btw, the banana bread really was delicious, I recommend it if you can find the recipe on google. Also there was a lemon drizzle cake that was amazing. It has lemon zest and lemon juice in. So nice.

edit: I just realised this is from 2014, wtf, lol, it was so near the top

May 3rd, 2017, 13:19 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Haha ... What did you end up making?