Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

New To This Place

Thread in '

Introduce Yourself

' Forum started by alltogethernow, Apr 23rd, 2014 at 21:50 PM.
Apr 23rd, 2014, 21:50 PM  
alltogethernow

New To This Place

Hi! About two years ago I weighed 130lbs, and just a few years before that I was up over 220lbs. SO, I am currently around 150 (keeping it just under that this week) and determined to get back around 130, and if at all possible, maybe 125.
So, I know that my boyfriend moving in is the primary reason my diet has slipped steadily. Though I have increased my work-out, my fitness could use a bit of oomph too. We have a half-marathon in town next week and I wish I could say I was running in it.

Joined for community and support! Best wishes!!

Apr 23rd, 2014, 23:52 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Hi

Wow what a great loss well done and best of luck losing the plus on the scales, you can do it!

An best of luck next week. I'm doing 10km after not running in years, it's challenging me... Run fast walk run (more jog lol)!

Welcome to the forum

Apr 24th, 2014, 11:12 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Hello and welcome!

Apr 24th, 2014, 14:10 PM  
TwylaDee

Welcome to the forum!

First of all, let me congratulate you on a 90 pound weight loss. Wow! We should be asking you for advice! That 20 pounds you regained will come off again in no time. I'm confident about that!

Good luck with your marathon!

Apr 24th, 2014, 15:30 PM  
Mitch

Welcome to the forum

Apr 28th, 2014, 16:10 PM  
alltogethernow

I'll be honest. The first 30 was easy. I cut out soda and went to the gym for 45 minutes, 3-5 times a week. Next 30 was easy, I started walking to and from work, plus a little home workout routine and made some light changes in my diet, mostly just being conscious of what I was eating.
Once those 60 were off, then became the hard discipline to lose the rest, but it's the kind you get to reward yourself with new clothes and just really feeling awesome! I always let go on the weekends! Back at it today!

Apr 30th, 2014, 15:23 PM  
TwylaDee

Did you have any support when you were losing those first 60 pounds? Any friends or family dieting with you or gym partners? How did you keep yourself motivated?

You've really done fantastically! I bet you feel so much better now. I wish I could say that my weight is coming off easily.

Apr 30th, 2014, 16:48 PM  
Jeans

Wow! That is amazing!

You did that just by cutting some junk from your diet and moving around more? That's just really wonderful! I feel inspired to go take a walk around the block!

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you're here!

Apr 30th, 2014, 17:04 PM  
Justine
Maintainer

Congrats on your weight loss! It is so nice to say that the bulk of the journey (no pun intended!) is behind you! I lost almost 80 pounds about 10 years ago and I agree, the first bit was easier for me, but the last 30 was really tough. And I am in the same place you are, I would love to get down about 15 more pounds (which was in my goal originally, I just got lazy and never quite got there). Welcome to the group!!