Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

JuicePlus Detox Plan & Pre + Post Workout Shakes

Thread in '

Meal Replacements

' Forum started by Wobbles, Apr 14th, 2014 at 22:20 PM.
Apr 14th, 2014, 22:20 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

JuicePlus Detox Plan & Pre + Post Workout Shakes

Firstly I am aware it's either a for or against supplement however I am not interested in negatives on my journey and my chooses so please don't add this here. Sorry to be blunt but if it motivates me and I feel it helps me then that is all that matters

I got a little confident after the new year and I feel bloated a lot again, in fact I am because the jeans say so but nothings been giving so I need more motivation, a change and a little bit of food discipline. I want to lower body fat % and maintain a healthy balance.

It's a change of habits and lifestyle... will I keep to this religiously every day? No I know I won't but I'd like to at least come out of this eating less crap.

I start with the detox plan and then a clean eating plan which I will adapt round me... I'm at a point of let's see how it goes!

I have to admit a lot has baffled me, good fats complex carbs and so on while trying to find recipes to those things I'd usually buy a cheat too like a sachet of stir fry sauce. The plan is not to use/eat processed foods, precooked, pre-packed or long life ... the detox which is up to 2 weeks is a little more strict but habits need changed. Some people do the detox for 3-7 days only, I've decided to detox for min of 12 days.

I will start with day 1 on the next post

Food Diary
Day 1 = post #2 * Day 2 = post #9 * Day 3 = post #12

Apr 14th, 2014, 22:49 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I mostly plan to use my shakes pre-workout but depending on how my day goes some may be pre and post.

Day 1 Detox

So this detox is for 2 weeks, some people do it for less. I will see how I get on. Firstly I'll briefly explain what I'm not allowed:
Caffeine
Fizzy drinks
Sugar
Artificial sweetener
Processed foods
Bread
Pasta
Soup and sauces that contain gluten as a thickener
Alcohol
Milk (cows/dairy)
Cream
Low fat yoghurt
Spreadable butter
The obvious cakes biscuits etc#
Tap water

I also have a list of fats I can use in cooking (nut oils mostly and coconut oil), spices, meats, grains, nuts, drinks, dairy etc and the fruit veg and complex allowed carbs that I can eat on the detox that is good for me... like instead of white potatoes I today have had sweet potatoes for the first time ever and I really liked them

Coffee
So day 1 for a caffeine addict has gone pretty ok, I can't believe I haven't had my 2 sugar coffees instead I have had decaf with almond milk, interesting #meh but tricking the mind! I have expected withdrawal symptoms but so far its 10.30pm and I haven't had any!

Breakfast
Vanilla JP blended with frozen berries - Almond milk used

Lunch pre-workout
Vanilla JP blended with a banana and an apple - Almond milk used
*I have read for too long how these fruits are good pre-workout and although not a fan especially of bananas I'm willing to eat healthy #changes

Dinner
Leafy couscous salad with chicken
Sweet potato, spring onion & feta salad (the dressing was gorgeous will add at the end)
*This is where I messed up on day 1 but I'm not going to kick myself. I went to Tesco to grab a load of fruit hoping something decent would be in the reduced section for me to freeze for shakes and there sat the salad bowl, totally forgetting the prepared salad even wasn't ok that wasn't really important ... couscous is wheat and not allowed. A budget is a budget and I decided I will learn by my mistake but I wasn't wasting food or kicking myself after it so dinner was made. I have made a lot of good changes today that outweighs a dippy moment. Oh well it was nice

Sweet potato, spring onion & feta salad - Recipe
Potatoes
Oven 200c/180c fan/gas 6
Peel 1kg sweet potatoes and cut into chunks
Add to baking tray (greaseprrof paper) or baking dish
pour over 1/2 tbsp oil (pref nut oils or coconut)
Mix around so the oil covers all of the potatoes
Cook for around 30 minutes
Dressing
mix 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1tbsp natural honey, 21/2 tbsp white win vinegar, 2 spring onions finely chopped and parsley (I use the dry from spice section). Add more of any of the above to your taste.
Serving
Serve
Allow the potatoes too cool but not to cold and drizzle over the dressing before serving on plate or drizzle over the portion once dished up.

Double ingredients for every +1kg of sweet potatoes you use.
Attached Images
JuicePlus Detox Plan & Pre + Post Workout Shakes-food1.jpg

Apr 15th, 2014, 08:42 AM  
Mamafy

Ohhhh good luck

Have you a list of allowed food? Following this tightly

Apr 15th, 2014, 10:25 AM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Yer Hun list of fats nuts grains dairy meats drinks vegs etc.

The detox has 3 meals rather than the shakes but I just don't do breakfast 9/10 so it will depend my days. Today I'm hoping to have a jp smoothie and an omelette post workout for lunch.

Apr 15th, 2014, 15:12 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

That sweet potato thing sounds amazing! Good luck with it, it sounds so restrictive but if it works then that's all that matters! Dunno how you can manage without coffee though!

Apr 15th, 2014, 15:15 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Good luck! The sweet potato dish sounds delicious!

Apr 15th, 2014, 15:33 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

I've not had a single headache so far

Apr 15th, 2014, 21:59 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

Lucky thing! I get them if I don't have enough in me by 9am lol!

Apr 15th, 2014, 22:12 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Day 2 Detox

Breakfast
Chocolate JP blended with a banana and natural peanut butter

Lunch
2 egg scrambled egg with spinach and mixed peppers

Dinner
5 spice chicken stir fry served on wholegrain rice

Snack
Apple dipped in natural peanut butter

Still no coffee and no headaches but I am feeling pretty irritable. I had a bad bad run today, can't work out if it's related as I read it can make you lethargic. But like you say PP usually I know when I've not had enough with a headache, strange!

I've craved a ham and mayo sandwich today!
Attached Images
JuicePlus Detox Plan & Pre + Post Workout Shakes-food1.jpg

Apr 16th, 2014, 21:41 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Sorry you had a bad run and have been feeling irritable. You're doing so well to give up the coffee. I would find that so hard. I hope you're feeling better soon. It will get easier x