Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Gluten free banana pancakes

Thread in '

Food Chatter

' Forum started by Poppy, Apr 8th, 2014 at 01:46 AM.
Apr 8th, 2014, 01:46 AM  
Poppy

Gluten free banana pancakes

A friend told me about an alternative recipe for banana pancake batter she tried: one banana, mashed, and two eggs. She said it turned out fine, just that the texture was a little strange, but I'm dubious. I feel like this recipe is missing a key ingredient.

Have you guys tried gluten free recipes like this? Will this really hold up as a pancake?

Apr 8th, 2014, 17:33 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Wouldn't be something I would try but I had a quick look round for some recipes and some recipes including baking powder, gluten free oats etc. that just sounds like banana scrambled eggs to me #bork lol!

Apr 9th, 2014, 03:25 AM  
Poppy

Same. I figured there had to be some kind of a trick to it. She said that the baking powder makes the difference and keeps it from tasting like a banana omelet. I'm wondering if there's a way to make them thin enough that they're almost like crepes instead of a pancake.

Apr 9th, 2014, 07:31 AM  
MarieDK

I make pancakes with 25g of gluten free oats, some vanilla low fat yoghurt and an egg and they really taste like pancakes. Obviously if avoiding carbs it wouldn't help much but we really love them

Apr 9th, 2014, 09:53 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

I imagine it would be quite a sloppy texture with just egg and banana. I know my friend makes cookies with banana, oats and crushed walnuts, so maybe the oats could be substituted for gluten free ones.

Apr 19th, 2014, 20:24 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Well this recipe suggestion strangely came up with the lovely lady who's guiding me through clean eating and I straight away remembered this thread ... Apparently it is nice! I still think strange but yer seems people make them and it's not so random!