Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Finally I am getting somewhere!

Thread in '

Calorie Counting

' Forum started by avidian, Mar 21st, 2014 at 15:05 PM.
Search this Thread

Mar 21st, 2014, 15:05 PM  
avidian

Finally I am getting somewhere!

I seriously thought I lost my mind after I hit a bump in the road. I went back to counting calories, not documenting them, just paying more attention to what I am eating. I think a good part is picking better things for my lunches. Since I work from a home office I tend to get lazy when it is lunchtime (or even breakfast). Has anyone here had to micromanage their calorie counting? I am hoping it does not get that far.

Mar 21st, 2014, 22:43 PM  
Jessica

Congratulations. (:

Sometimes I get lazy too. Lately, I have been eating a lot of unhealthy microwavable meals. I need to get off my bum and start cooking healthier meals instead.

Mar 22nd, 2014, 17:57 PM  
MandaBear
Maintainer

I pretty well have to micromanage my calories, but I am kind of obsessive that way to begin with. I just recently switched from MyFitnessPal to the USDA's Super Tracker tool, which helps you visualize how well you're doing with eating fruits, veggies, dairy, etc., as opposed to just counting calories alone.

Mar 24th, 2014, 14:52 PM  
avidian

I am trying to not be obsessive but it seems like when I slack just a bit everything I have worked so hard for comes crashing down. I am wondering if being obsessive is the only way to get the results I want, those of course are not over the top but maybe my life is just to hectic to kind of just "roll with it" so to speak.

Mar 24th, 2014, 19:52 PM  
Avocado

I know what you mean. I feel like there's just evil junk food everywhere. I mean, it's on TV, it's in magazines, it's in the store aisles jumping out at me screaming "Eat me!"

Mar 24th, 2014, 21:27 PM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

I think sometimes you do have to be a bit obsessive and plan every meal to keep you on track! My eating habits tend to be pretty awful cos I'm always busy and just grab whatever I can find but I do have weeks where I know I need to reign it in and plan everything.

Mar 25th, 2014, 18:25 PM  
Befit

yay ! good for you

Mar 25th, 2014, 19:42 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

Glad you are getting back on track I find I have to plan all my meals in advance and I weigh everything, even the veg. It helps me to stay on track. If I don't track calories then I just have no idea how I'm doing for the day and I'm more likely to binge. I hope I won't always be like this!

Apr 29th, 2014, 08:14 AM  
Justine
Maintainer

I agree, I find that I can be really obsessive with it and have to let it go sometimes. Then again, when I let it go a little too much, then I find that we can start to gain a bit back and that is NOT what we want. So, it's a ever constant balancing act, seems like it always might be.

Find more posts on finally, getting.