Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Lettuce Wraps

Thread in '

Recipes

' Forum started by KatieMac, Mar 13th, 2014 at 08:39 AM.
Mar 13th, 2014, 08:39 AM  
KatieMac

Lettuce Wraps

I just have to share how MUCH I love making lettuce wraps for lunch. I haven't eaten much bread in about 10 years (the first time I lost a lot of weight). And now I found a way to satiate my sandwich cravings. Iceburg lettuce stuffed just like you would a sandwich "wrap". It has to have nice big leaves, but it's totally doable. Lay the lettuce leaf open flat and fill it and roll it (like a tortilla)...and it does the trick for me. Meat, a little cheese, lowfat salad dressing...and I'm good to go!

Mar 15th, 2014, 03:34 AM  
Poppy

Sounds like a pretty feasible thing to do...just get some iceberg lettuce and go to town. One question--how do you keep it from breaking while you roll it? Any special tricks?

Mar 15th, 2014, 19:23 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

That sounds good. It's impressive that you've not eaten bread in that long. I wish I was capable of that!

Mar 16th, 2014, 00:35 AM  
Jessica

Sounds yummy. I love lettuce. I have a salad every day and am still not sick of lettuce. I don't eat much bread, either, but I don't eat a lot of things that require bread.

Mar 17th, 2014, 08:42 AM  
KatieMac

Thanks guys, I love it as an alternative to sandwiches. I don't crave sandwiches very often, but when I do, it's usually the stuff inside that I really want, so this helps to keep the calories down. Poppy, I pull off one full leaf and then roll it from stem (white part) out to the ends. I usually have it so stuffed full of filler that it doesn't break!

Mar 18th, 2014, 22:16 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

These sound like a plan Thanks ... think iceberg lettuce is on the shopping list afterall!

Mar 20th, 2014, 18:21 PM  
Jeans

I may try this with some of the other varieties of lettuce since iceberg, while tasting good and having a nice crunch, doesn't really add any nutrients. Leaf lettuce, rather than head lettuce, may even be easier (for me) to roll.

I love this idea.

Mar 21st, 2014, 15:07 PM  
avidian

Wraps are yummy! I have started doing a mini breakfast sandwich. I found these little flat bread type wraps at my store and they are great (100 calories each). I also stated to use flat out bread (another brand that I don't remember right now), they are both a little expensive but the price is worth the taste and the lower calories!