Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Help! - Best snacks for desk job?

Thread in '

Slimming World

' Forum started by abi_summerfield, Mar 12th, 2014 at 12:32 PM.
Mar 12th, 2014, 12:32 PM  
abi_summerfield

Help! - Best snacks for desk job?

Hi everyone

I left SW a few months ago when they closed my group but I'm due to start going again tonight. The recipes online on forums and the SW site are enough to keep me going but I struggle with what to eat in the day.

I have a desk job and it's all too easy to go to the local shop and end up eating junk food. Does anyone have any good snack ideas?

I used to stick with less than 1% mugshots when I was on SW before but want something a bit different!

Abi

Mar 12th, 2014, 12:44 PM  
Mitch

Hi Abi

I do SW from home but managed to get hold of the books. There's one just for low syn snacks. Is it just snack ideas you're looking for, or packed lunch stuff?

I went through a phase of having those mugshots everyday. Do you have a fridge at work (to bring in maybe something you've prepared at home)? or are you looking for pre-packed snacks?

Mar 12th, 2014, 12:58 PM  
Mitch

A few ideas:
Chicken/Tuna Salad
Pasta Salad
Bread sticks with homemade Fromage frais dip (http://www.socialslimmers.com/snacks...-mint-dip.html)
Crust less Quiche (http://www.socialslimmers.com/snacks...ing-world.html)
Jelly Pots (low sugar)

Mini milks - Great for the summer (1.5 Syn)

Also do you have a microwave at work?

Mar 12th, 2014, 13:27 PM  
abi_summerfield

Yeah have a microwave and a fridge at work. Trying to limit the cost of the food shop as buying everything fresh is so expensive but I think packed fruit salads and tubs of natural yoghurt with granola might be the best way forward?

Mar 12th, 2014, 14:21 PM  
MarieDK

Hi Abi

I think your idea of fresh fruit is great.

I have started just cutting up fresh fruit in the evenings and popping it in tupperware (well those that don't go brown) we all really love pineapples in our family and a whole one makes a nice big tub (plus it's a super speed superfree food on SW) I sometimes put a bit of zero fat yoghurt on it then it's just like a desert.

Just looking at UK supermarkets seems Asda do a whole pineapple for 75p which would probably do you a few snacks and I am sure other fruits would be similarly cost effective. The pre done tubs can be really expensive so it's worth the bit of faff doing a few yourself at once.

Our pineapples we got here recently in Denmark were about £1.80 but as I said to husband, we're saving on not eating junk, we now just drink water and tea, no soft drinks, wine or beers, no trips to the bakery. So it's now our treat to ourselves

Best of luck!

Mar 12th, 2014, 14:27 PM  
Mitch

What shops do you have local? Tesco/MS etc? Now you've asked you've got me thinking of what pre-packed snacks there are out there which are SW friendly Gonna have a look through my book when I get home.

Mar 12th, 2014, 14:45 PM  
Mitch

Just had a quick look at SW online, and Uncle Ben's Rice Time is 1.5 Syns on Extra Easy

All flavors:
Sweet & Sour
Cantonese
Medium Curry
Mexican Chilli
Spicy Tikka Masala
Korma
Sweet Thai Chilli

Mar 12th, 2014, 22:03 PM  
aboutme

Wow! Uncle Ben's rice is in there. Impressive! I also cut up fruit. I store it in bags though. I don't want to store it together. Some things lose flavor or take the flavor of the other fruits.

Mar 12th, 2014, 22:40 PM  
RubyTuesday

How about sushi? I can't remember what this is on SW but I ate it for lunch almost every day at one time. You can get some great packs of sushi from Boots, M&S and most supermarkets.

Mar 15th, 2014, 17:56 PM  
Stephen Reed

Quote:
Quote by abi_summerfield View Post
Hi everyone

I left SW a few months ago when they closed my group but I'm due to start going again tonight. The recipes online on forums and the SW site are enough to keep me going but I struggle with what to eat in the day.

I have a desk job and it's all too easy to go to the local shop and end up eating junk food. Does anyone have any good snack ideas?

I used to stick with less than 1% mugshots when I was on SW before but want something a bit different!

Abi
Eggs, home made frittata, salmon and sale, tuna, chicken, anything with a good whack of protein