Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Plantar fasciitis - foot pain

Thread in '

The Lounge

' Forum started by Jeans, Mar 2nd, 2014 at 15:53 PM.
Search this Thread

Mar 2nd, 2014, 15:53 PM  
Jeans

Plantar fasciitis - foot pain

I have a bone spur in my heel, which I've had for about 6 years. It causes the tendon in the bottom of the foot to get pulled. It was treated with an injection and went away for long time. I've been walking more and I am really bad about not wearing shoes in the house. The heel and arch of my foot started to really hurt again.

I went to the foot doctor last week and he is making me wear arch supports in my shoes, take an anti-inflammatory, do foot stretches, and he did an injection of cortisone.

It still hurts. I'm supposed to go back for another injection in a couple weeks if the pain doesn't go away.

Has anyone ever had that kind of heel or foot pain?

Mar 5th, 2014, 14:55 PM  
TwylaDee

How is your foot doing now? Has it gotten any better? I understand because I had something similar a couple years ago when I was on my feet for 10-12 hours at a time at work. Good quality shoes are really important.

Mar 8th, 2014, 18:31 PM  
Jeans

It still hurts but not as bad as it did. I can't walk very long because then it flares up again. I can put pressure on my foot now but I still feel that pain in the back of my heel as I take a step. I've been trying to rest it.

Mar 9th, 2014, 22:01 PM  
aboutme

My friend has the same problem. She was told it was from wearing high heel shoes every day. I have never had this problem and from the sounds of the pain, I hope I don't. Did the shot help with the pain?

Mar 12th, 2014, 07:43 AM  
MarieDK

Hi Jeans, that sounds just like a problem I have recently had (and still have at the moment) but had no idea what it was. It's actually one of the main reasons I am on a diet, I knew it was likely to be weight related after piling on yet another stone.

It's a very painful heel and aching arch of the foot, I hobble and limp about all the time, but especially so after waking up in the morning or after sitting down. Funnily enough just recently I started wearing shoes in the house (a big no no usually in Denmark haha) and the pain has improved considerably, we have very hard floors so I guess that might have been it. (going off to buy myself some attractive Dr Scholl's later today )

Really hope yours gets better soon, it must be rotten needing injections.

Mar 12th, 2014, 13:57 PM  
Jeans

Oh, Marie, that sound exactly like a heel spur/fasciitis. The main symptom is when it hurts to stand on it after you've been sitting for awhile and when you get up in the morning. After walking a little, the pain eases up but then increases again. They told me it could take many months to heal. It's a common foot injury. It happens a lot to runners, and like aboutme said, high heels are horrible on the feet. Carrying too much body weight will cause this also.

They taught me an exercise to stretch that tendon in the bottom of the foot so it stops pulling on the heel so much. Put your leg out straight and loop a towel around the top part of your foot and gently pull it towards yourself to bend your foot forward.

I hate wearing shoes in the house and these arch supports are not comfortable but some of the pain has been easing up.

Mar 12th, 2014, 14:14 PM  
MarieDK

Thanks for that exercise Jeans I will start giving it a go today, came home with the new terribly attractive shoes .

Really glad to hear your pain is easing up a bit now. I am very much hoping losing weight will put an end to mine.

Find more posts on fasciitis, foot, pain, plantar.