Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Do any of you garden?

Thread in '

General Dieting

' Forum started by TwylaDee, Jan 30th, 2014 at 17:13 PM.
Jan 30th, 2014, 17:13 PM  
TwylaDee

Do any of you garden?

Just curious. I've been wondering, do any of you have gardens in the summer and raise any of your own vegetables? I would love to be able to do that. In the past I have raised tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and a few other things and I miss it.

Jan 30th, 2014, 20:05 PM  
MiniMe

I do plant a garden every year. I plant everything from tomatoes and cucumbers to jalapenos and squash. I love eating my own vegetables. I freeze and dehydrate a lot of it to eat throughout the year too.

Jan 31st, 2014, 00:16 AM  
PrincessPikachu
Maintainer

We did last year, I loved it and it even got the kids eating more! We had rhubarb, raspberries, apples, carrots, lettuce, potatoes, tomatoes, chillis, bell peppers, strawberries and I can't remember the rest my OH did most of it though cos I don't like getting my hands dirty

Jan 31st, 2014, 13:24 PM  
aboutme

We garden every year. I love working in the garden (yes, even pulling weeds). There is nothing better than going into the garden and grabbing dinner. We grow tomatoes, peppers, onions, squash, cucumbers, radishes, potatoes and many other things.

Jan 31st, 2014, 14:06 PM  
MandaBear
Maintainer

We used to grow a garden every year when I was a kid, but now I live in an apartment with my hubby so we don't have room for it. One day I'd like to have enough land to be able to do it again!

Jan 31st, 2014, 14:42 PM  
TwylaDee

I think we could all live a lot more healthier if we could raise our own food. I'd love to even have a couple chickens for fresh eggs every day. I am so tired of having to shop at the grocery store for every little thing.

Feb 1st, 2014, 04:38 AM  
Poppy

I am terrible at gardening, which is truly a shame, because I love fresh foods. Lucky for us, there are a number of gardeners in our family, and they always share the bounty with us. Definitely helps with cutting back on grocery bills!

I also like buying local produce from stands in my area when I can. They're usually less expensive, too.

Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:45 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

This is something I would love to do but never have. I'm not very good at gardening and all my plants seem to die so quickly! It is certainly something I would consider improving my skills on in the future though.

Feb 4th, 2014, 03:09 AM  
Jessica

Well, I would love to be able to, but I just don't have the room to. I live in an apartment, so the only yard I have is on my balcony and my balcony is just a patio. I have been thinking about moving into one of the apartments below me because at least they have fenced in grass as their yard, and not just concrete.