Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Carbs Not Gone, But Limited

Thread in '

Calorie Counting

' Forum started by Avocado, Jan 20th, 2014 at 17:41 PM.
Jan 20th, 2014, 17:41 PM  
Avocado

Carbs Not Gone, But Limited

So, I have been trying something new lately. It's not a total carb free diet but I am severely limiting what carbs I take in.

Basically, I only allow myself to eat one carb per 3 meals per day. So, if I have bread at breakfast, I can't have any for lunch or dinner. That includes a sandwich!

I have been feeling better, lighter, and losing a few pounds. So, while we would like to go totally carb free, sometimes it's just not practical, or even possible.

Jan 21st, 2014, 02:02 AM  
PaintedNails123

I'm guessing what you mean here is one serving of carbs per day as opposed to one gram of carbs, right? I went on a diet once before that was kind of like that. You started out with one serving per day, then two, and then eventually three.

Jan 21st, 2014, 09:48 AM  
Mamafy

Even by limiting them you will feel liafs better

Jan 21st, 2014, 16:51 PM  
Tinks

I couldn't leave behind my carbs but I also limit them

Jan 21st, 2014, 17:06 PM  
Avocado

Quote:
Quote by PaintedNails123 View Post
I'm guessing what you mean here is one serving of carbs per day as opposed to one gram of carbs, right? I went on a diet once before that was kind of like that. You started out with one serving per day, then two, and then eventually three.
Yes, you got that right, I am only eating one serving per day. I think it's making a huge difference too. I think if a lot of people added this little tweak to their diets, they would lose a few pounds.

Jan 21st, 2014, 19:27 PM  
Jessica

That is a good idea. You're not completely taking away carbs, but you are still limiting yourself, while still being able to enjoy your food.

Jan 22nd, 2014, 14:38 PM  
avidian

I have heard of others doing this but there is no way I could. For me it is not practical, not only do I love carbs but I really do not think I could limit myself like that. I am pretty good with self control but not when it comes to carbs.

Jan 22nd, 2014, 21:32 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

I have been lowering my carbs too and eating more fat and protein. It actually keeps me fuller for way longer

Jan 23rd, 2014, 02:51 AM  
ChunkyBoots

So, if you're only eating one serving of carbs per day, are you limiting fruits and starchy veggies, too? What about beans -- can you have those? Or are you only limiting breads, pasta, etc.?

Jan 23rd, 2014, 03:41 AM  
PaintedNails123

Avocado, how long have you been doing this and how many pounds have you lost? Seems like I dropped weight pretty quick when I was watching carbs. I think I lost about 4 or 5 pounds that first week and was up close to 10 pounds down by the end of the 2nd week. I just missed the carbs so much!