Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Gave MFP a quick once over and discovered something new!

Thread in '

General Dieting

' Forum started by ChunkyBoots, Jan 15th, 2014 at 00:59 AM.
Search this Thread

Jan 15th, 2014, 00:59 AM  
ChunkyBoots

Gave MFP a quick once over and discovered something new!

I am doing Weight Watchers until about the middle of February (or maybe it's closer to the beginning, I can't remember...) and decided not to renew once the membership is up. I've liked it okay, but it's not been much different than MyFitnessPal, which is FREE! I decided to log back into my old MFP account just to see what's up and discovered that they have incorporated "recent research findings" into their website and as a result, updated their nutritional guidelines. The first thing I noticed immediately was that sugar limits have gone up, as well as protein.

Thoughts?

Jan 15th, 2014, 14:37 PM  
Olivia

I have only ever used MyFitnessPal, so I couldn't compare. I wonder why the sugar and protein limits have increased since the last time you logged in.

Jan 17th, 2014, 16:34 PM  
avidian

The nutritional guidelines seem to always be updated on sites like this. I think some of it has to do with the way people record things. I know I took a long time figuring out what I needed, but if they are pulling information from all members and their diaries I could see where the random changes come from.

Jan 18th, 2014, 14:39 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

I have never seen the recent research findings part before but it sounds interesting though.

Find more posts on discovered, gave, mfp, new, quick.