Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Jello or Pudding

Thread in '

Food Chatter

' Forum started by avidian, Dec 16th, 2013 at 21:15 PM.
Dec 16th, 2013, 21:15 PM  
avidian

Jello or Pudding

Which would be easier to make from home and make it healthier than store bought brands? We actually like both in our house but I swear anytime I make jello it turns out horrible, I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Dec 16th, 2013, 22:47 PM  
Jeans

Maybe you forgot to add the vodka. Just kidding!

I like diet Jello. The black cherry isn't too bad. It doesn't do much for hunger but it does satisfy a snacking need. Diet pudding is okay, too, when you're craving something. It's better than going crazy and eating cake.

Are you dissolving the Jello power in hot water and then adding the cold? What's not coming out right? Flavor or consistency?

Dec 17th, 2013, 04:07 AM  
ChunkyBoots

I think diet Jello is healthier, as it only has about 10 calories per half cup serving if I'm not mistaken. Even diet pudding, on the other hand, has about 50 calories per half cup serving. The pudding is more filling, though.

Dec 17th, 2013, 12:31 PM  
Mitch

I prefer Jelly, must be the kid in me (UK jello not the preserve), and definately like it with vodka

What is pudding in the US? Pudding here describes any kind of desert.

Dec 17th, 2013, 15:46 PM  
avidian

I think vodka might be the one step I am missing, but I have to say I have never tried diet pudding. It sounds like it would taste horrible. Pudding for us is also a desert but it is a specific one, like this chocolate one from Wiki. I prefer vanilla though!

Dec 17th, 2013, 20:12 PM  
aboutme

Diet Jello? Do you mean Sugar-Free Jello? I've never seen diet Jello. I love Jello and it's super easy to make. You can even add fruit to the Jello. I would say that Jello is the better choice. I do love chocolate pudding though!

Dec 18th, 2013, 04:05 AM  
Poppy

I've never been a big fan of pudding. Flan, on the other hand...

I agree that sugar free Jello actually tastes better than regular Jello. I never got the hang of making it at home, either.

Dec 18th, 2013, 12:08 PM  
Mitch

Ahhh, like chocolate mousse here. Yeh I love them too