Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Counting at a Party

Thread in '

Calorie Counting

' Forum started by Olivia, Dec 16th, 2013 at 15:11 PM.
Dec 16th, 2013, 15:11 PM  
Olivia

Counting at a Party

How in the world do you count calories when you are at a party? They typically have a finger food buffet and it's difficult to estimate how much you've truly eaten.

Dec 16th, 2013, 15:56 PM  
Mamafy

You could either have a one night blow out or just make sensible choices. Go for meats/salad as opposed to pastry based options xx

Dec 16th, 2013, 16:37 PM  
LaNadia

I don't count calories at a party. Sometimes I eat a salad or something light before I go so I am not as tempted by hunger. If they have a vegetable try, load your plate with that. I usually have to stay as far away as I can from the food table.

Dec 16th, 2013, 18:03 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

I counted the calories as best I could at a few Christmas parties last year. I try to remember everything that I had eaten and then went on my fitness pal to record the calories. It probably wasn't totally accurate but I had an idea of the region of calories I'd eaten.

Dec 16th, 2013, 20:12 PM  
aboutme

It is hard that is for sure. You should just stick with what you know is healthy. You don't have to count that day but you should be sure that you are not eating thousands of calories in one meal. I really hate finger food parties. Sure you have a lot of variety but like you said, those calories really add up!

Dec 17th, 2013, 13:06 PM  
Mitch

I'm really bad at social events. I start off with good intentions but by the end of the night I've usually forgotten

I'm not counting over christmas That's what new years resolutions are for

Dec 17th, 2013, 13:55 PM  
Olivia

You are too funny, Mitch! I'm trying to keep myself from going overboard but it's not been easy! I do try to stick with healthier options at the buffet but I still want to record them all and it can be tough to remember.