Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Blisters from walking

Thread in '

The Lounge

' Forum started by LaNadia, Dec 5th, 2013 at 16:25 PM.
Dec 5th, 2013, 16:25 PM  
LaNadia

Blisters from walking

I bought new shoes and wore them for a walk yesterday and by the time I was around the block I was limping. My heels have huge blisters so I am afraid to wear those shoes for walking again. I don't know if I should take them back or if they will even let me return them.

Dec 5th, 2013, 16:35 PM  
aboutme

They probably won't let you return them. Most stores won't let you return sneakers once you wear them outside. I would keep trying to wear them. Just wear them around the house. I had this problem once when I wore new sneakers to Zumba class. It was a bad choice!

Dec 6th, 2013, 07:29 AM  
LaNadia

I'll try them with different socks and carry some bandages in my pocket to stick on my heel in case I have to. They rubbed too much in the one spot.

Dec 6th, 2013, 13:36 PM  
aboutme

I would certainly try a different pair of socks. If the problem is the way they fit you might not ever be able to wear them. Maybe they just need to breaking in. I wish you luck! I hate it when my sneakers are not comfortable!

Dec 9th, 2013, 09:22 AM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

I wouldn't have thought that they would like to return the shoes. I get such bad blisters with every pair of new shoes I buy, it takes me so long to wear them in.
I would wear a thicker pair of socks and wear plasters over the blisters while walking so that the shoes don't rub too much.

Dec 9th, 2013, 16:05 PM  
Olivia

I run into this issue pretty frequently and I've come to the conclusion that my feet hate shoes. Thick socks and moleskin help keep me comfortable.

Dec 10th, 2013, 17:40 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Could you try some gel cushions usually found in pharmacies while you break them in a little?

Dec 11th, 2013, 17:15 PM  
LaNadia

I tried the insoles and they made the shoes feel too tight. I didn't think of using the moleskin or sheep's wool pads they sell so I will try that too. The shoes seem to be breaking in a little. There is a seam at the heel that hits right in a bad place.

Dec 11th, 2013, 17:25 PM  
Bevziibubble
Maintainer

I'm glad that the shoes seem to be wearing in a little.

Heels always tend to be badly designed and give blisters! I always get the plastic hard bit digging in my heel at first!

Dec 14th, 2013, 15:51 PM  
Jeans

I once bought a super expensive pair of Nike cross trainers that tore my feet up terribly and a cheap pair of off-brand shoes that were the most comfortable athletic shoes I've ever owned. It is so hard to tell just by trying them on in the store.