Scan Bran Carrot Cake
You need to try this!
Some prefer to keep their healthy extra, but even if you save your HEB it's only 5 syns for the whole cake
5 Scan Bran (available here
150g Carrot (2 large carrots)
1 Teaspoon (5ml) - Ground Nutmeg
1 Teaspoon (5ml) - Ground Cinnamon
3 Teaspoon (15ml) - Ground Ginger
7 Teaspoon (35ml) - Sweetener
1/2 Tablespoon - Golden Syrup
1 Tablespoon - Sweetner
A drop of Vanilla Essence
Zest of 1 Lemon
1. Pour a splash of boiling water over the Scan Bran and leave for a minute (you don't need too much), drain and mash.
2. Grate the carrots very finely. Mix the scan bran, carrot, sweetener and ground spices in a bowl (go to town on it - it needs to be mixed very thoroughly).
3. Beat the eggs in a cup and stir in to the mix until blended.
4. Pour the mixture into a microwaveable dish. For the best results use a dish about the size of HALF a A4 piece of paper and at least 5cm deep.
5. Microwave on high for 12 minutes.
Don't worry if it shrink a bit from the sides, it's meant to