Pretty much everyone loves baked oats, right? Well, I decided to do cheesy baked oats as a savoury alternative. These are absolutely fantastic for a Sunday breakfast, but really could be done any day of the week for a filling and hearty start to the day. They're syn-free as long as using your Healthy Extras.
40g oats (Healthy B choice)
25g mozzarella (half of Healthy A choice)
2 bacon medallions (optional)
Salt, pepper, and your choice of herbs (I usually use sage, basil and thyme)
Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan
1. Step one is entirely optional: grill your bacon medallions (any fat removed) and cut up into little squares.
2. Mix together the oats, quark, egg and seasonings. Stir through two thirds of the cheese and the bacon squares (if using).
3. Spray an ovenproof dish with Frylight (I prefer the olive oil variety for this recipe but any one will do) and pour in mixture. Don't skip this step as it will stick to the bottom otherwise!
4. Top the mixture with the last of the cheese.
5. Bake for 35 minutes, then serve and enjoy. Pair with your choice of speed foods on the side and maybe a cheeky bit of brown sauce (remember to syn it!)
Recipe is for ONE of the pots in the picture--and this is what they come out looking like, as these are ones that I made!