There is no syn free BBQ sauce available straight out of the bottle so this recipe requires about 5 minutes prep. It's mainly just to soften the onions separately so you don't get that raw onion aftertaste once cooked.
You can use fresh chicken, but you will need to adjust the cooking times (and I would put a few tablespoons of water in as fresh chicken can soak up liquid more). In my opinion frozen chicken makes it so much easier and great for when you don't have anything in the fridge
4 Large Frozen Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
Zesty BBQ Sauce
1 Large Onion
1 tsp Mild Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
3 tbsp Granulated Sweetener
5 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Pinch of Dried Oregano
Pinch of Dried Basil
Salt & Black Pepper
1. Remove the skin and chop up the large onion (medium).
2. Spray a pan with FryLight and saute the the onions on a low heat until soft and a slight caramel color.
3. Add all the rest of the ingredients for the Zesty BBQ Sauce.
4. Stir until all the ingredients fuse with the sauce.
1. Put the slow cooker on HIGH and put in the chicken pieces.
2. Pour the sauce you've just prepared over the top so all the pieces of chicken are covered.
Cook 3 to 4 hours on High or
6 to 8 hours on Low.
*Cooking times are a guide as I find that the thermostats on different cooker vary a lot.
Note: Fresh chicken, I personally wouldn't cook longer than 3 hours but test with a fork to see if the chicken falls apart.
Shred the chicken and serve on your HEB 60g wholemeal roll
I would imagine this works well with pork steaks too (I haven't tried it though) - a bit like pulled pork