I love curry! It's probably one of the reasons I've had to go on a diet
Took me a while but suddenly clicked that curries, done right, can be Syn free!
This one is quick and easy. You can have it knocked up (from scratch) in half an hour
4 Chicken Breasts (cubed)
2 Large Onions
2 Chicken Stock Cubes
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Ground Cumin
2 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Ground Coriander
3 tsp 'Very Lazy Ginger' (or fresh)
1 tbsp 'Very Lazy Garlic' (or fresh)
2 Cardamom Pods (crushed and husks removed)
275ml Fat Free Natural Yogurt
Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- Dice the onions and put in a pan with half the water (250ml) and stock cubes. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices to the pan and cook for a few minutes (just to release the flavors).
- Add the chicken and stir until each piece is coated with the spices.
- Add the remain water (250ml), cover the pan and simmer for about 20 minutes (make sure the chicken is cooked. You should be able to break a piece of chicken in half easily with a wooden spoon).
- Spoon in the natural yogurt a couple of tablespoons at a time, continuously stirring to make sure it is thoroughly mixed in.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with rice (free on Extra Easy and Green) and sprinkle a little chopped coriander.