I love curry! It's probably one of the reasons I've had to go on a diet
Took me a while but suddenly clicked that curries, done right, can be Syn free!
This one is quick and easy. You can have it knocked up (from scratch) in half an hour Ingredients
4 Chicken Breasts (cubed)
2 Large Onions
2 Chicken Stock Cubes
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Ground Cumin
2 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Ground Coriander
3 tsp 'Very Lazy Ginger' (or fresh)
1 tbsp 'Very Lazy Garlic' (or fresh)
2 Cardamom Pods (crushed and husks removed)
275ml Fat Free Natural Yogurt
Salt & Ground Black Pepper
Fresh Coriander Directions
- Dice the onions and put in a pan with half the water (250ml) and stock cubes. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spices to the pan and cook for a few minutes (just to release the flavors).
- Add the chicken and stir until each piece is coated with the spices.
- Add the remain water (250ml), cover the pan and simmer for about 20 minutes (make sure the chicken is cooked. You should be able to break a piece of chicken in half easily with a wooden spoon).
- Spoon in the natural yogurt a couple of tablespoons at a time, continuously stirring to make sure it is thoroughly mixed in.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with rice (free on Extra Easy and Green) and sprinkle a little chopped coriander.