Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Am I doing it right?

Thread in '

General Dieting

' Forum started by higkiller, Feb 26th, 2017 at 22:51 PM.
Feb 26th, 2017, 22:51 PM  
higkiller

Am I doing it right?

Hi , I'm trying to lose weight, I'm 105kg and 182cm, I have fat loads, I used to eat chocolate like no tomorrow, right now I work nights and I am following this regime.
Wake up 6pm around 6:30:7pm have some oats with blueberries , around 10/11 pm can have a tangerine or apple, then at 3:30am have some almond milk with whole wheat biscuits and banana, then go on till 8:30/9 where I do 10/15 minutes run and then 5/10 HIIT, then I prepare lunch, 50/100g or brócoli, 50/100g of carrots , 50/100G pasta , and 200G of chicken or shrimp or tuna, shower and should be at sleep between 10 to 11 am, I've been at this for 5 days, and I feel fatter, and I was consuming much more oils and chocolate and stuff
Please some help, thanks

Feb 26th, 2017, 22:58 PM  
sarahc4536

Welcome to social slimmers

Are you following a particular plan or just cutting out certain foods?
Do you feel like you're eating enough?
It could be that you're feeling bloated from the pasta and greens maybe? I know I get like that from carbs.
One thing I would suggest is to take your measurements as well as paying attention to the scales. There can be weeks where the scales don't show much of a loss, but that you notice your clothes feel looser as you go along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 26th, 2017, 23:00 PM  
higkiller

I feel in eating enough yes, I do feel bloated some times from the oats

Feb 26th, 2017, 23:00 PM  
higkiller

Just following a low carb abusing on greens and diet plan, I never go over 500g on main meal

Feb 27th, 2017, 20:35 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

It could be an intolerance ... is there anything in yoru diet plan that was not before. Milk? Certain fruits? Oats?

Do you track your calories, a great app is My Fitness Pal if you don't?

Pasta makes me incredibly bloated and to be honest I never realised how much until I started my journey. You become more aware of your body in my opinion. If you are going to eat carbs go whole and not white x

Are you drinking water? If so are you drinking beyond what you would have before starting your journey?

Feb 27th, 2017, 20:38 PM  
higkiller

Quote:
Quote by Wobbles View Post
It could be an intolerance ... is there anything in yoru diet plan that was not before. Milk? Certain fruits? Oats?

Do you track your calories, a great app is My Fitness Pal if you don't?

Pasta makes me incredibly bloated and to be honest I never realised how much until I started my journey. You become more aware of your body in my opinion. If you are going to eat carbs go whole and not white x

Are you drinking water? If so are you drinking beyond what you would have before starting your journey?
Now I don't feel bloated I feel good, I'm doing around 1,100 to 1,400 calories daily , I exercise and stuff I just don't see difference in my body and it's kinda of a demotivatof, drinking, 1l a day +/-

Feb 27th, 2017, 21:07 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Try and increase your water to 2L min especially if active... a slice or squeeze of lemon in your water is also good. Also I'd add some more protein to your diet (personally) skyr yogurt is a fantastic add to fruit!

I'm unsure if you are male or female but also female body goes through different changes around ovulation and 'that' time again when we are on the journey we pay ore attention to our body reactions...

How long have you been changing your food plan and reducing calories?

Feb 27th, 2017, 23:07 PM  
higkiller

Quote:
Try and increase your water to 2L min especially if active... a slice or squeeze of lemon in your water is also good. Also I'd add some more protein to your diet (personally) skyr yogurt is a fantastic add to fruit!

I'm unsure if you are male or female but also female body goes through different changes around ovulation and 'that' time again when we are on the journey we pay ore attention to our body reactions...

How long have you been changing your food plan and reducing calories?
More protein? Brócoli oats chicken wheat , what do I replace then?

Feb 28th, 2017, 12:43 PM  
Wobbles
Maintainer

Protein makes you fuller for longer. Low fat & low carb (if not none).

I personally would add some to your oats. protein powder in oats is amazing!

Another tip is post workout stay clear of fats 1-2 hours. Good carbs and protein are good options (which you have sussed looking at that routine).

Can I ask what whole wheat biscuits you are eating and how many just so I can work something out for you that might help x

Feb 28th, 2017, 20:36 PM  
higkiller

Quote:
Protein makes you fuller for longer. Low fat & low carb (if not none).

I personally would add some to your oats. protein powder in oats is amazing!

Another tip is post workout stay clear of fats 1-2 hours. Good carbs and protein are good options (which you have sussed looking at that routine).

Can I ask what whole wheat biscuits you are eating and how many just so I can work something out for you that might help x
After work out I prepare dinner, brócoli carrot pasta and chicken or shrimp or tuna , I eat some from sainsbury whole wheat biscuit , I eat 2 with almond milk and a banana, with my oats either blueberries or strawberries , usually before work out I munch on 2/3 alices of cuecumber