Welcome, Guest. Login or Register to Join our Dieting & Weight Loss Forum
Username:

Little bit of advice needed

Thread in '

Slimming World Weigh-In

' Forum started by daniellentirely, Oct 1st, 2016 at 12:13 PM.
Oct 1st, 2016, 12:13 PM  
daniellentirely

Little bit of advice needed

Hi all!!

I'm doing slimming world on my own, weighing at home every Saturday morning.
Last week I had a really good loss of 3.5lb but this week I seemed to have put 1.5lb back on, even though I've stuck to plan 100%.
Feel like I'm not getting passed the same few pounds that I'm losing then putting back on. 😞
Wondering if anyone had been in the same position and offer any advice. It's getting me really down
Thanks!

Oct 1st, 2016, 14:21 PM  
sarahc4536

Welcome to docks Slimmers!
Sorry to hear you didn't get the result you wanted this week

What about posting your food diaries? That way we can help out where we see any issues or possible changes you could make?
Have you followed SW before? Are you on the EE plan or following the old red/green days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 2nd, 2016, 10:17 AM  
daniellentirely

I've been following slimming world since earlier this year, my friend let me borrow her books to read up on it. I'm on the new EE plan. That's a good idea 💡 I'll start that today! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'll post my food diary daily and if you can see any issues, please let me know!!

Oct 2nd, 2016, 21:36 PM  
kaybird296

A food diary is definitely worth it, the ladies here are really knowledgeable about the SW plan and will be quick to flag up any areas they see where you might be able to improve.

Are you making sure to stay within your syns, drinking enough water, and getting in your speed foods?

Oct 3rd, 2016, 07:17 AM  
daniellentirely

Last week I've been tracking my syns and definitely staying within them. Ive started logging my water now too as I sometimes don't drink enough at work throughout the day.
Here is Sunday's food diary:

BREAKFAST
•Bacon sandwich (2 slices of wholemeal bread from 400g loaf - HEXB) no spread/butter
1 SYN - Level tbsp of tomato ketchup

LUNCH
•Low fat chicken and herb super noodles
•Clementine (speed)
•3 handfuls of raspberries (speed)

DINNER
•Campfire Stew served with:
Mashed potato (mixed with fat free natural yoghurt)
Green beans (speed)

PUDDING
•Aldi peach and passion fruit layered fat free yogurt (SYN free) with a bowl of raspberries and strawberries (speed)
•1 SYN - SW Lemon drizzle cake (1 slice)

4 SYNS - of maltesers

HEXA - 250ml semi skimmed milk

2.02km/25 minute walk with dog
3 litres of fluids including tea, sugar free squash, diet lemonade.

Oct 4th, 2016, 07:04 AM  
daniellentirely

Monday

BREAKFAST
•1 slice of wholemeal bread (400g loaf-HEXB) topped with quark and smoked salmon
•fresh strawberries and raspberries (speed) with fat free natural yoghurt and a tsp of honey (1 SYN)
•green tea

MID-MORNING SNACK
•2 clementines (speed)
•cup of tea

LUNCH
Green beans (speed)
•Aldi peach and passion fruit layered fat free yogurt (SYN free) with strawberries
•apple (speed)

MID-AFTERNOON SNACK
•SW lemon drizzle cake (1 SYN)

DINNER
•SW spaghetti bolognese with two thirds spaghetti pasta one third courgetti (speed)

EVENING SNACKS
•Jaffa cake alpen at (HEXB)
•3 gluten free cookies (2SYNS each = 6SYNS)
•2 clementines (speed)

HEXA- 250ml semi skimmed milk

ENDING THE DAY ON 8SYNS

Fluid 2.5 litres including tea, water and sugar free squash

Oct 5th, 2016, 07:07 AM  
daniellentirely

Tuesday

BREAKFAST
•1 slice of wholemeal bread (400g loaf-HEXB) topped with quark and smoked salmon
•apple (speed)

MID MORNING SNACK
•2 clementines (speed)
•cup of tea

LUNCH
Broccoli (speed)
•Aldi strawberry fruit layered fat free yogurt (SYN free) with strawberries
•apple (speed)

MID-AFTERNOON SNACKS
•SW lemon drizzle cake (1 SYN)
•seafood sticks

DINNER
•jacket potato topped with two thirds of a tin of baked beans, 25g of reduced fat cheddar (3.5 SYNS)
•side salad of rocket, spinach and watercress, and tomatoes (speed)

EVENING SNACK
•SW lemon drizzle cake (1 slice 1 SYN)

ENDING THE DAY ON 5.5SYNS

HEXA -250ml semi skimmed milk

2.12km/27 minute walk with dog

2.6 litres of fluids including tea, sugar free squash and water

Oct 5th, 2016, 09:15 AM  
kaybird296

It looks to me like you're doing really well! I can't particularly see any areas for improvement right now, looks like your 100% on plan. Hopefully the scales will reflect that next week (or when you next weigh in).

Oct 5th, 2016, 09:19 AM  
sarahc4536

Your foods look good Danielle. I can't see any major things that pop out at me at least
You've got plenty of speed foods in there, and you look like you're drinking enough liquids, although I've been told that tea/coffee actually have the opposite effect on you regarding water intake. As much as yes you make it with water, the caffeine dehydrates you - not sure how true that is, but seeing as I can't stand either tea or coffee, I've never really paid much attention to it Green tea is my limit

Have you massively increased your exercise at all recently? That can have an adverse effect when it comes to the scales, although that shouldn't stop you from carrying on exercising!

Fingers crossed for the rest of the week!

Oct 7th, 2016, 07:24 AM  
daniellentirely

Quote:
Quote by sarahc4536 View Post
Your foods look good Danielle. I can't see any major things that pop out at me at least
You've got plenty of speed foods in there, and you look like you're drinking enough liquids, although I've been told that tea/coffee actually have the opposite effect on you regarding water intake. As much as yes you make it with water, the caffeine dehydrates you - not sure how true that is, but seeing as I can't stand either tea or coffee, I've never really paid much attention to it Green tea is my limit

Have you massively increased your exercise at all recently? That can have an adverse effect when it comes to the scales, although that shouldn't stop you from carrying on exercising!

Fingers crossed for the rest of the week!

No I regularly walk my dog that distance, but I am considering yoga one day a week. You say it can have an adverse effect on the scales, is that just initially and then you see the loss or does it seem to creep up? I know it's not all about the numbers in the scales but I'm obsessed with getting out of the 11st bracket!! My weigh-in is Saturday morning, and although my week has been on track, I haven't been to the loo since Sunday. I do suffer with IBS but I'm worried that I'll weigh heavier this week and put me in a downward spiral 😕 Sorry for the overshare!!