Prep time: 10-12 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Syns per serving:
Extra Easy: 2
Add 6 Syns if not using Pork (raw weight) as a Healthy Extra on Green.
2 x 225g/8oz very lean pork fillet, fat removed
1 level tsp ground cumin
1 level tsp ground coriander seeds
1 level tsp turmeric
good pinch of salt
Fry Light, for spraying
coriander sprigs, to garnish
Sweet and sour sauce:
2 ripe tomatoes, skinned and chopped
½ red pepper, deseeded and diced
½ green pepper, deseeded and diced
2 spring onions, chopped
1 red chilli, halved
1 lemon grass stalk, broken
1 tsp rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
4 tbsp water
1 x 198g/7oz can pineapple in natural juice, cut into chunks
1 level tbsp cornflour
1. Cut each pork fillet in half. Mix together the cumin, coriander, turmeric and salt, and press all over the pork. Spray lightly with Fry Light and place the pork fillets in a roasting pan.
2. Cook in a preheated oven at 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4 for about 15 minutes, turning the pork over halfway through the cooking time.
3. Meanwhile, make the sweet and sour sauce. Put the tomatoes, peppers, spring onions, chilli and lemon grass stalk in a small pan. Add the vinegar and water with the pineapple chunks and most of the juice, reserving a little. Heat gently over a low heat.
4. Mix the reserved juice with the cornflour and stir into the sweet and sour mixture in the pan. Continue stirring until the sauce is thickened and smooth. Remove from the heat and discard the chilli and lemon grass.
5. Slice the cooked pork and serve with the sweet and sour sauce, garnished with sprigs of fresh coriander.
Tip: If you're serving this with plain boiled rice, allow 2 Syns per 28g/1 oz on the Original choice.
Feel free to swap the pork for chicken or any other favourite lean meat. This won't affect the Syns on an Original or Extra Easy day. On a Green day, use 1lb/454g chicken and add 6 Syns per portion if you're not using chicken as a Healthy Extra.