Prep time: 15mins
Cook time: 35-45mins
Syns per serving:
Extra Easy: 4
Add 6 Syns if not using Wholemeal pasta as a Healthy Extra on Original.
Fry Light, for spraying
2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
2 courgettes, sliced
113g/4oz mushrooms, sliced
57g/2oz sun dried tomatoes
681g/1½ lb leftover cooked pasta tubes or shapes
1 tbsp chopped parsley
For the white sauce:
2 level tbsp cornflour
284ml/½pt skimmed milk
142g/5oz fat free natural fromage frais
1 level tsp Dijon mustard
pinch of grated nutmeg
salt and freshly ground black pepper
57g/2oz reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
1. Spray a large frying pan with Fry Light and cook the leeks, courgettes and mushrooms over a low heat for 8-10 minutes, until softened. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and remove from the heat.
2. Make the sauce. Blend the cornflour with a little milk. Heat the remaining milk and bring to the boil. Stir in the cornflour mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring until thickened.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and beat in the fromage frais, mustard and nutmeg with a wooden spoon. Season to taste.
4. Stir most of the grated cheese into the sauce, reserving a little for the topping. Put the vegetables and pasta into an ovenproof dish and pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 for 20-30 minutes, until crisp and golden. Sprinkle with parsley.