1 cup wholegrain basmati rice
200/300g chicken fillets
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 small chopped onion
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
2 garlic cloves crushed/finely chopped
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp medium or hot chilli
2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
250ml kettle boiled water
1tsp finely chopped coriander
- Grill or oven cook chicken, cool and shred.
- Cook basmati rice as per packet instructions drain and cover to keep hot.
- Add stock cubes to boiled water until dissolved
- Add chopped tomatoes, onion, peppers, garlic, cumin, chilli, stock and chicken to a nonstick pan continuously stirring for 5 minutes
- Add basmati rice and cook for another 5 minutes (still stirring).
- if you need to add some more water use kettle boiled
- Serve and sprinkle with finely chopped coriander
* Dish could be made without the chicken