Nut oil for frying
400g peeled and diced sweet potato
Yellow pepper, diced
1/2tsp ground black pepper
1 heaped tsp ground cumin spice
1 heaped tsp hot or medium chilli spice
8 cherry tomatoes halved
* For an extra spicy person change cumin and chilli to 1 tbsp
- Bring pan of water to boil and add cubed potatoes 10-12minutes until softened and turn right down.
- add oil, pepper and onion to a frying pan and cook for 4 minutes
- turn to medium heat and add spices
- turn on your grill to high to preheat
- add 5 tbsp water (more if sticking too much)
- add halved tomatoes and potatoes and continue stirring for a couple if minutes
*this is how I made it tonight for first time, next time I'm considering using half a tin of chopped tomatoes*
- make 2 spaces between the mix and crack in eggs
- place under the hot grill for about 2-3 minutes (check it's cooked)
*obviously be careful using a pan with a plastic handle and/or taking care with metal handled frying pans
Served lovely with spinach and cherry tomatoes.
Also serves well with grilled chicken.