Turkey Pizza Melts Syn Free on EE and Original (when using the mozzarella as a healthy extra).
Saw this the other day and thought it was a great idea. Not actually tried it. Maybe someone can give me there verdict Ingredients
4 Turkey Steaks - 500g (or 4 breasts flattened to about 1/2 cm)
400g Chopped vine tomatoes (or 1 can of chopped tomatoes)
1 Teaspoon tomato puree
1 Teaspoon dried oregano
180g sliced mozzarella
A few fresh basil leaves
Fresh finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (for garnish)
Chicken stock cube
Salt and Pepper (to taste) If using vine tomatoes:
100ml water Optionals:
Dried chilli flakes
Red and Yellow pepper (de-seeded and diced) Note:
If you are using turkey breasts, put them between two pieces of cling film and flatten with a rolling pin until about 1/2 cm thick. Discard the cling film afterwards. Method:
- Fry the turkey steaks in a frying pan with frylight (low cal cooking spray). About 4 minutes on each side (until cooked through). Remove from pan, cover and put aside to cool.
- Put the chopped vine tomatoes, tomato puree, oregano, stock cube and water (only add water if using vine tomatoes) + optionals in a pan and put over a medium heat, simmer until reduced. Season to taste.
- Spoon mixture on to turkey steaks and cover with mozzarella.
- Grill for about 3-4 minutes or until the cheese melts and starts to brown.
- Top with parsley and and teared bazil leaves.
That's it. Enjoy! Serve with salad